Tuesday, June 19, 2012

All Signs Point to Genius!

It seems that this new special order may be opening a few new doors for me... I can't believe I hadn't thought of it before, actually...

Signage.  Such a simple thing, really.  I could produce decorative, yet useful plaques for house numbers, 'Private Drive', 'No Soliciting', etc.  Genius!

The special order I got from this most recent event was for a 'No Soliciting' sign.  I for one agree that the generic signs from Home Depot and the like don't always look that great on the outside of people's homes, and I would opt for a more decorative sign that suits my style and doesn't stick out like a sore thumb.  The difference in doing these, of course, will be the finish that goes on them.  To make them outdoor friendly they'll have to be coated in polyurethane.  It'll be an extra, not so nice-smelling, step, but I think this idea could have a real future!

Today I'm putting together ideas for what to do for this special order sign.  She's given me a few ideas of things she likes and now it's up to me to sort through them and put together a design.  This requires analyzing the person and their tastes and choosing not only images that would suit them, but a font as well.  Gotta say - I'm liking the challenge!


No comments:

Post a Comment