Friday, September 14, 2012

I want that, I want that, I want that...

You ever get that annoying little problem of having a great idea you just don't have the time to do?  I am currently experiencing it.  Or rather, I am daily experiencing it.  I'm looking at some of my wood burnings and envisioning more really amazing things I could do...  Classic cars...  Historical icons...  Castles...  the list goes on.  But no.  I have no time for those things yet.  I must be responsible and get special orders done and attend events I've signed up for.  I've never looked forward to winter more!  Having a few more lazy months ahead of me might actually mean I'll get to do some of these great ideas!

Don't get me wrong - I love doing events, meeting people, talking to people about what I do - and I love doing special orders!  I like being able to spend my time on a piece that I know the person receiving will love!  And, of course, these are not the only things keeping me so busy these days.  If you've been keeping up with my earlier posts (infrequent as they have been), you're aware of my current situation.

A friend recently told me that it was quite a shock to him to find out just how little you can get done when your spouse is gone for a long time.  And this is mostly because two people can do the work of three, but one can usually only do the work of one.  This is very obvious to me now.

So, I must look to the future and keep my spirits alive!  I have lots of time ahead of me to accomplish these things I dream of!  Maybe I should pick which one I want to do first, so that when the time comes for a bit of laziness, I'll have my project in hand.

What should it be?  A car?  Marilyn Monroe?  An ancient castle?  

No comments:

Post a Comment